Friday, January 8, 2010

Need to get Healthy!!

Here I am, like everyone else trying to healthy for the new year. I have an 11 month old and I pretty much have all my baby weight off.. BUT I still had about 20 lbs extra from before I even got pregnant.. Only about 5 years ago, I was fit and tiny. Of course I even complained then of being to fat.. but I guess it's a woman thing. I lived in Hawaii then and was wearing shorts all the time and lived a healthy lifestyle outdoors in the warm weather. After moving back to the east coast, I packed on the pounds. At 21, I weighed 135 and felt healthy and trim and energetic. Now at 25, I weigh 159 and feel lathargic. I'm also a stay at home mom for right now, so I'm not moving around at my job like I used to be. When I was pregnant I gained 55 POUNDS!! Yuck! Topping the scale before I gave birth at 210. I've been between 157 and 162 for about 2 months now and can't seem to get past this point. I need to take some drastic measures and I will blog about my journey. Not only do I want to physically healthier for myself but also for my family, especially my son. My weight has made me too emotional and I'm tired of it. I want to feel more energetic and more young like I should. It's affected me in so many ways and I hate not feeling sexy. I try, but when you look down at the lumpiness.. I think "ugh, how can anyone think that is sexy?" Luckily I have an INCREDIBLE husband who is so sweet and silly all rolled into one and does everything he can to make me feel better about myself.
So here are a couple of plans of mine. First one, is getting a little more strict when it comes my weightwatchers points. I signed up for a little while, but I don't feel like paying on a monthly basis, but I have idea of what I eat and the points they count for. Second is my husband and I got a Wii and I got a balance board so I am going to use that with the Wii Fit and maybe get the EA Active Sports game as well. Thirdly is I've been trying out Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout video and it's a nice 20 minute alternative to spending 45 minutes at the gym. I don't have a ton of time with a 11 month old "trying" to run around.

No comments:

Post a Comment